Technical Safety Engineer Job in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
Our client is looking for a Technical Safety Engineer in St.John’s, NL.
This is a 6 month contract starting March 1, 2020.
- Degree in Engineering and Professional Engineering designation
- 5 years related experience in the petro-chemical/ oil and gas business
- Demonstrated knowledge and a high level of understanding of production facilities layout with emphasis on hazardous areas, egress routes, equipment related to fire protection, fire and gas detection, lifesaving and safety appliances
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management processes including risk assessment and risk mitigation planning.
- Knowledge and experience in Environmental, safety and loss prevention process and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management, and the ability to lead through influence
- Demonstrated knowledge of company policies and procedures, industry practices, rules and regulations
- In-depth understanding of Regulations regarding equipment codes and standards is an asset e.g., NFPA, etc.
- Planning, communication (presentation and technical writing), and continuous improvement / engineering skills required to deliver overall value.
- Computer fluent MS/Office and experience with SAP
- Provide technical support on safety system design, equipment and operations
- Review C-NLOPB regulatory items. i.e., perform gap assessment between regulations and safe working procedures and update regulatory matrix from regulatory Query conditions
- Revalidate Regulatory Queries
- Support Regulatory Query request
- Review/Update governing documents as it pertains to technical safety
- Support ongoing Change Request
- Resource for Technical Queries, SAP Maintenance Changes (T5s – MOCs) and Work Orders as it relates to Technical Safety
- Risk Based Work Selection review support
- Process Hazard Analysis support
- Support of Equipment Strategy Data Sheets (ESDS)
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you