Technical Safety Engineer Job in Canada – Shell Petroleum
Job Ref: 131217BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Skillpool: Technical Safety Engineering
Work Location: Calgary
No. of Positions: 1
Job Expires: 29-Jan-2020
Other accountabilities include:
- Identification, assessment and documentation of HSSE hazards.
- Risk reduction and control strategies for significant hazards.
- Plan/Organize/Scribe/Lead HSSE risk assessment workshops: HAZIDs/HAZOPs.
- Perform physical effects modelling studies as needed to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the Technical Safety/HSSE in Project deliverables for the Asset Project development/execution team, as well as input to other discipline deliverables.
- Applying HEMP & ALARP risk concepts throughout project lifecycles.
- Support Asset with AIPSM Scorecard trends and assurance.
- Support Management of Change processes as a reviewer of changes as well as a facilitator of appropriate Process Hazard Analysis.
- Author/integrator of Asset HSSE Case on behalf of the OM – planning for updates, ensuring Hazards & Effects Register, Safety Critical Elements and Tasks are identified and handed to OM.
- Maintain close working relationship with Asset Surveillance and Technical Team.
- Support “fit-for-purpose” implementation of HSSE CF Standards and Management System consistent with other Unconventional Assets.
- Support and/or lead incident investigations/audits related to LOPC’s and Process Safety.
- Support the implementation of the Process Safety Fundamentals in Operations and Design, analyze trends to support decision making
- Support Production Operations Annual Process Safety Review.
- Develop and lead Technical/Process training as required for the asset.
- Legal right to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- B.Sc in Engineering, Advanced Science degree, or P.Eng designation.
- Knowledge of technical risk assessment tools such as HAZID, HAZOP, and physical effects modeling and relevant industry codes related to process safety is beneficial.
- Must be open to travelling from Calgary to Groundbirch, BC as required.
- Experience in facilitating (workshops, risk-based decisions, project teams) is beneficial.
- Experience in Stakeholder Management.
- Strong planning, coordination, influencing and leadership skills.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.