Senior Health & Safety Specialist Job in Toronto
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Tissue Plant Toronto
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manger, the Health & Safety Specialist – Fire Safety is responsible for re-energizing and maintaining the health and safety programs and systems to world class standards. They will strengthen current processes and develop new ones to increase safety awareness and safety performance across the site. As a leader, the successful candidate will be expected to lead by example through demonstrating leadership, safe working practices, excellent judgment and ownership. A part of this role will encompass ensuring that site has robust systems, procedures and adequate training in place and being followed to prevent fires and/or minimize the risk on individuals and assets in case of a fire.
- Be fully accountable for results of assigned programs and projects (Guarding, Warehousing Safety, Lift Truck Safety, Lockout, RISK, Site & Departmental Safe Practices, JSA Process, CBA Process, etc.);
- Assist in conducting Incident and Accident Investigations and responsible for supporting follow up actions;
- Work closely with internal customers to ensure that all requirements are met. Maintains good working relationships;
- Responsible for the Hazard Identification process;
- Responsible for developing and implementing department Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s);
- Responsible to liaise between departments and RISK for Current Best Practices (CBA’s);
- Responsible for problem solving issues and elevating to Safety Manager for resolution;
- Identifies and provides recommendations to streamline procedures and processes that can lead to improved quality, safety, and performance;
- Fire Safety Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and leadership to the site fire safety plan and emergency response plan;
- Maintain training matrix and inspection list (RACI);
- Respond to any fire related issue or concerns raised by personnel to mitigate risk;
- Member of Risk Team;
- Schedule Fire Brigade training;
- Schedule Assembly Area Coordinator refresher training;
- Maintain membership in the NFPA.
- –Bachelor’s degree or Technical diploma in health and safety, environmental engineering, sciences or any related fields
- – 3 years minimum experience in a related role in Health and Safety
- –Current and active membership in NFPA is a requirement
Skills and Knowledges:
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
- Excellent understanding and compliance of the Site Safe practices
- Excellent Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations;
- Excellent Knowledge of Planning for Safe Conditions (PFSC) Audit program and requirements;
- High level of personal initiative, requiring minimal direction and supervision;
- Be able to set priorities, manage action plans and track performance;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and follow-up across functions responsible for the action steps;
- Have a fundamental knowledge of plant equipment and process;
- Must have demonstrated computer literacy (MS Office);
- Have strong skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Effective problem-solving skills, able to recognize developing issues in advance;
What We Offer:
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits package
• RRSP retirement plan
• Wellness Reimbursement Policy
• On-site cafeteria
• Bonus Program
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by Friday February 28th, 2020
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.