Principal Technical Safety Engineer Job in UK
- Requisition ID: 2020-71931
Work Location: GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Job Type: Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a staff Technical Safety Engineer, at Principal or Senior Engineer level, to join our Downstream business in Glasgow, UK. The successful candidate will join a growing team delivering a pharmaceutical. The engineering team delivers projects across the lifecycle from studies to capital projects. The Downstream business delivers projects across pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical, refining, oil & gas and infrastructure.
To provides engineering support services under a Framework project to major pharmaceutical manufacturer. Services provided cover the whole life cycle, typically from concept to EPCm and operational support.
You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure effective safety and environmental practices are observed and risk management processes applied. This includes providing support under the CDM regulations in the UK along with the relevant pharmaceutical regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordination of and contribution to formal process safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, SIL Classification studies as required
- Providing sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- Providing technical support to site as required
- Producing and reviewing specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; ensuring that they conform to project criteria within the constraints of the Engineering Management systems.
- Attend client meetings and communicate issues with team as required
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of process safety and environmental engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as they relate to FEED, Detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, plant Start-up and verification practices as applied with the pharmaceutical industry
- Provision of guidance and support on appropriate safety and environmental engineering
- Provision of guidance and support on appropriate international codes and standards
- Design deliverables associated with loss prevention scopes
Co-ordinating of formal process safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, SIL Classification studies
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in a related engineering discipline (chemical, mechanical or control) or a related subject or significant applicable industrial experience with suitable qualifications.
- Relevant work experience, pharmaceutical experience would be an advantage
- Chartered Engineer, or working to
- Awareness of process operations and/or brownfield modifications
- Awareness of environmental, Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling and QRA is preferred but not essential
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.