- Bachelor Degree or higher in safety management, business management, health, or education field.
- Professional designation preferred (ASP, CSP, CHMM, CET, OHST, etc.).
- Comprehensive understanding of safety management, occupational health and hygiene, OSHA standards and requirements, and other pertinent regulatory agencies and requirements is necessary.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Must demonstrate leadership quality and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Scope, Accountabilities, Expertise
- OSHA regulatory trainings
- NSC proprietary safety and health trainings
- Ability to train most of the following trainings within the ASC Program: Principals of Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Management Techniques. Job Safety Analysis, Team Safety, Incident Investigations, Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene, Safety Inspections, Industrial Hygiene Basics, Safety Training Methods, Risk Assessment, and Ergonomics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the ability to exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, where walking and standing are required only occasionally. The position also requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing/analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer monitor, and/or extensive reading. Typical office or administrative work conditions can be expected (I.E. not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions) and manual dexterity of the hands is required to operate a computer and type consistently and regularly.
NSC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.