Job Title: HSSE Manager
Department: Health Safety Security &
Environment Location: All Project Sites
– Responsible for developing and implementing HSSE programs across the business.
– Ensure a safe and healthy environment for all employees, clients, subcontractors, etc., complying with applicable federal, state, and local safety standards and regulations and industry best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out safety compliance audits in all offices and sites as planned.
• Develop and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local/state and federal rules and regulations, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
• Carry out analysis of accident/incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans
• Support the Top Management in the implementation of HSE Management System standards, Policy and Guidelines.
• Provide Safety support and advice, including preparation and implementation of project HSSE Management plans and procedures for all project activities
• Develop, implement and maintain a Company-wide Occupational Health & Safety Program that
• Effectively manages risks and includes setting proactive safety policies and procedures to comply with applicable regulations and support enhanced safety culture.
• Direct the investigation of workplace accidents/injuries and near-misses. Oversee the preparation of root cause analysis reports with identification of causal factors and recommended corrective actions. Oversees the implementation of corrective actions.
• Prepares Health and Safety documentation for new tenders
• Carry out analysis of accidents incident statistics, identifies trends and suggest an improvement plan
• Manage and supervise HSSE personnel, coach and provide on-the-job instruction while setting performance standards, evaluate performance and maintaining discipline
• Maintain relevant HSSE logs and documentation.
• Ensure all company sub-contractors are prequalified concerning KAISER GROUP Health Safety and Environment HSSE procedures and standards
• Interfaces with Government /Regulatory agencies on HSSE requirements
• Ensure compliance with QMS ISO 9001:2015 Knowledge and Skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Packages
• Knowledge of Hazard and Effect Management Process (HEMP) and its tools
• Knowledge of construction related OSH guidelines, risk management practices and standards
• Teamwork and collaboration
Educational Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related field
• MBA (or Master’s degree) as an added advantage
• ISPoN level 2 and 3, professional certification by WSO, NEBOSH General Certificate and IOSH certification (Added advantage).
• Membership of ISPoN, ASSE, WSO, NIM etc
• Minimum of 8 years cognate working experience with at least three years in a management role
• Comprehensive knowledge of ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
How to Apply
If you are interested, please read the Job description below and kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical and virtual Interview would be conducted on Friday, 14th January, 2022 for qualified applicants