HSE Officer Job in Rivers, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Primary Location: Eleme, Rivers
- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Developing measures to assure personnel safety.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
- The Safety Officer maintains awareness of active and developing situations.
- Ensures there are safety messages in each Incident Action Plan.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Investigate accidents that have occurred within incident areas.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Conducts toolbox meetings.
- Reviews and approves all subcontractors’ safety plans.
- Verifies that injury logs and reports are completed and submitted to related top management.
- Verifies that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promotes safe practices at the job site.
- Enforces safety guidelines.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts investigations of all accidents and near-misses.
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
- Conducts job hazard analysis.
- Establishes safety standards and policies as needed.
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns.
- Coordinates registration and removal of hazardous waste.
- Receives reports from and forward to top management notices issued by regulators.
- Arranges for mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.).
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Initiate, coordinate and organize OHS training of employees and executives.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify hygiene issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- BSc/BA in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- At least 2 years’ Experience at Mid Managerial level
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry will be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “HSE Officer”
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.