HSE Officer Job in Abuja, Nigeria
Our client an Engineering and Construction Company is desirous of filling the following role with suitable candidate in terms of skills and experience.
Role: HSE Officer
Location: FCT, Abuja
Summary of Role
The role is to ensure that site personnel adhere to the standard safety policies and regulations and drive the safe practices on all construction sites being run by the Company. He or She will keep policies up -to-date and facilitate compliance with HSE guidelines. The role will establish new HSE guidelines from time to time as more and newer risks are discovered.
• Continuous inspection of project sites, to ensure a hazard-free environment
• Assessment and approval of subcontractor safety plans
• Verification of tools and equipment to ensure good quality
• Promoting safe practices on site
• Creating and enforcing safety guidelines and programs
• Training and carrying out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations
• Conducting investigations on accidents
• Verifying that all safety reports are submitted to related government institutions.
• Responding to workers’ safety concerns
• Manages all communications with government departments in regards of safety
• Arranges OSHA-mandated evaluations of the site
• Coordinates all issues regarding hazardous materials or waste
• Assisting with the preparation of a construction health and safety plan
• Attending project planning meetings and collaborating with construction managers
• Establishing and maintaining health and safety communication structures
• Testing effectiveness of site emergency response plans
• Continuous monitoring of all safety related documents, reports and issues to keep them updated
• Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in a relevant course
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Safety officer in the Construction Industry.
• Must be a certified member of the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) among other certifications. Nebosh certification will be an added advantage.
• Must be smart, possessing good hygiene, self-motivated, a team player and with ability to work without supervision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18th June 2020.
Abuja Candidates only please!