HSE Manager Job in Geneva, OH
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Champions an injury free environment.
- Manages the day-to-day compliance with federal, state and local HSE requirements including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, ANSI, and NFPA, etc. Maintains awareness of regulatory requirements and analyzes potential impacts on operations. Consults directly with the management team and all associates to ensure plant compliance with policies and procedures.
- Works with site and HSE management in the creation of site HSE targets and objectives in support of plant and corporate HSE strategic initiatives designed to drive HSE culture, compliance, and results.
- Manages Job Hazard Analysis and the investigation of employee concerns, injuries, HSE incidents, and Employee Observation/Near Misses. Develops and tracks all initial accident/near miss investigations and audits corrective actions to closure.
- Monitors and reviews Corporate Safety Manual to verify compliance of assigned plant and manages completion of health, safety and environmental audits/inspections and risk assessments to identify and prioritize HSE aspects and hazards.
- Plans, implements and manages programs for assigned site to train managers and employees in work site safety practices.
- Develops and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with regulatory agency staff and industry environmental coalitions, as applicable. Communicates inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies to management.
- Coordinates and maintains compliance with industrial hygiene requirements.
- Fosters and maintains Safety Committees.
- Works with Human Resources and Workers Compensation Manager to facilitate Worker Compensation claim activities.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and conferences to keep current regarding environmental health and safety issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental Management or other related technical discipline; will consider additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in HSE or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Health Safety Professional (CHSP) certification a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Support site 24/365
- Instills Trust and Exemplifies Integrity: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Demonstrates Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said, acting with integrity, doing what is right.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, within and across functions.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by clicking on the link below
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.