HSE Coordinator Job in Paraguay
Job Ref: R-005125
Job Type: Full Time
Responsible for the safer operation of the plant, responding to fires and emergencies according to Company policies. Carries out a series of both routine and random checks to ensure the adequacy of systems and equipment provided. Carries out fire training for plant personnel and supervises the first line firefighting crew. Reviews safety by carrying out safety audits on a regular basis.
Follows up on all fire and safety incidents and recommends the ordering of newly identified equipment for fire and safety to meet the changing demands of the plant.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
1) Acts as a fire crew leader, undertaking rescues, spills, fires and other emergencies in an efficient manner as laid down in established procedures.
2) Participates with crew in all emergency drills and ensures proper coordinated action as practiced in these drills to meet with real emergency situations.
3) Practices the use of first aid equipment, breathing apparatus, foam and utilizes fixed fire suppressing system.
4) Maintains and tests fire protection equipment following established services schedules and meeting all performance standards for equipment. Verifies equipment is in current working order after servicing. Directs fire crew in performing servicing.
5) Tests or checks all fixed equipment on a regular basis according to established schedules such as static fire equipment, sprinklers, halos and powder extinguishers. Carries out daily checks on deluge sprinkler and detection system and on the foam tender.
6) Carries out regular inspections of all air bottles and breathing equipment and personnel protection equipment. Ensures all fire crew equipment and static equipment used is replenished after fire or emergency.
7) Ensures that there is an adequate provision of emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, and incident reporting to the relevant authorities.
8) Maintains a record of incident reports and if warranted has them analyzed by Safety Committee.
9) Develops and implements a suitable and relevant health and safety policy.
10) Assesses risks to health and safety, and implements measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments.
11) Liaises as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and assists in conducting audit and remedial actions.
12) Makes sure that the workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
13) Makes sure that the workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
14) Undertakes other tasks as required by his/ her supervisor.
Min 4 years’ experience in HSE and quality compliance management, with increasing levels of experience in a medium to large multinational, preferably in multi-cultural environments.
Undergraduate University degree in health and safety, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Safety or Risk management.
Safety standards knowledge.
Field experience to interact with operator role employees.
Fluent Guaraní (not exclusive)
Highly proficient in using MS Office
Occupational safety skills
Environmental regulations training
High energy and a ‘can do’ attitude, creating a consistent common sense HSE culture.
Ability to understand and apply local HSE laws and regulations.
Ability to recognize compliance and risk issues and situations.
Advanced knowledge of management systems and practices related to occupational safety and health and/or environmental management.
Personal and leadership skills.
Ability to compile and analyze technical data.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.