Health & Safety Adviser Job in Glasgow
Join us as a Health & Safety Adviser
- In this role, you’ll bring excellent communication skills in order to provide health and safety advice by telephone and email that is tailored to the need of the client
- You’ll take ownership of health and safety cases and issues, including the management of ongoing cases, establishing relationships with clients across a diverse portfolio of business clients and industry sectors
- This fast paced and varied role provides an opportunity to make a real difference for the health and safety of our clients while developing your network across the function
What you’ll do
As a Health & Safety Adviser, you’ll Identify, understand and help customers by competently and effectively dealing with customers’ needs for safety, health and environment advice and guidance. We’ll look to you to make decisions on advice in relation to risk evaluation for the customer and the business, with the ability to advise on the commercial benefit of the client.
You’ll also identify, accurately price and deliver additional consultancy and training services for customers via telephone or at client sites if required, as well as drafting routine documentation, policies, employee handbooks and communications using pre-developed supporting materials.
Additionally, you’ll be:
- Acting as a competent source of advice to clients across a diverse portfolio of business clients and industry sectors
- Identifying and maximising client referrals in order to promote the effective provision of products and services appropriate to the customer’s needs
- Updating customers on significant developments in their industry as and when appropriate
- Supporting consultancy teams with basic telephone and e-mail one off consultancy services and the preparation of training materials as required
- Demonstrating an effective use of tools for contact and strategy planning, identifying and meeting customer needs and recording work and contact undertaken
- Maximising client contact and driving up retention rates through a relationship management strategy
The skills you’ll need
You’ll demonstrate high standards with attention to quality and service as well as the ability to advise customers on changing regulatory requirements.
We’ll look to you to be a graduate member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (GRAD) or the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). You will at least need to be a Technical member of IOSH (TECH) and perhaps working towards a GRAD.
On top of this, you’ll bring:
- Experience of working directly with clients in providing exceptional service
- Generalist experience of identifying customer needs and calling out risks
- Good knowledge of accident reporting
- Generalist and sound level of experience of working in a health and safety role
- A high degree of time management
- Telephony call management skills and an exceptional telephone manner
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.