Health and Safety Officer Job in Westmeath
Company: Writech Industrial Services Ltd
Job Type: Permanent full-time
The Health and Safety officer will proactively lead in the maintenance and improvement of the company’s safety management system as well as in the achievement of the company’s safety and health objectives. They will coach and mentor the management team, employees and contractors to continually strive to improve their safety performance and will always challenge unsafe behaviours and practices. He/ she will monitor safety performance across all of the company’s undertakings and will develop and report to the senior management team using effective and relevant key performance indicators. The post holder will develop professional relationships with Clients and other stakeholders on the company’s projects. He/ she will also have overall responsibility for ensuring that risk assessments, method statements, toolbox talks and other site related documentation and records remain to a consistently high standard with the necessary inputs from competent specialists. This is a standalone role and the holder will be expected to demonstrate a high level of flexibility and adaptability. He/ she will also be expected to maintain their continuing professional development in safety, health and welfare.
- Qualified to Diploma level in Occupational Safety & Health (NFQ Level 7);
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a construction environment;
- Experience of working across multiple sites;
- A full clean driving licence;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and manage challenging workload;
- Flexible and adoptable attitude to work;
- Experience of working with a mechanical and electrical contractor;
- Background in design safety and design risk assessment;
- Train the Trainer or similar qualification;
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Experience in accredited management systems (ISO9001 and Safe T Certificate);
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Carry out task analysis and risk assessments on all of the company’s operations;
- Provide guidance and advice for designers and specialists on carrying out design risk assessments and work instructions;
- Coordinate with specialists within the business to ensure that safe operating procedures and method statements are prepared and regularly reviewed for all the company’s activities;
- Carry out a program of site engagements where he/ she will monitor and review safety performance and behaviours and implement measures (including coaching/ mentoring) to rectify and continually improve;
- Carry out investigations on all accidents, Dangerous Occurrences and Near Misses and assign responsibility for any mitigating measures. He/ she will monitor progress on these measures;
- Develop and continually review key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure that they provide an accurate reflection of safety performance and behaviours. There should be a mix of leading and lagging indicators;
- Report monthly to the Senior Management Team on safety performance to include KPIs and the achievement of the company’s safety objectives;
- Coach and mentor line managers in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities under the safety statement;
- Monitor and audit to ensure that Statutory Inspections are being carried out on time and that these are being recorded;
- Development and management of emergency procedures including emergency evacuation and rescue;
- Development of a toolbox talks schedule and the delivery of these toolbox talks;
- Conduct and continually review training gap analysis and organise training courses including the evaluation of these courses;
- Regularly review the company’s safety statement and all other relevant documentation.
- Any other duties in line with the Health and Safety requirements of the business
Health & Safety, Construction, Stakeholder Engagement, Trainer, MS Office, Risk Assessment
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.