Environmental Health & Safety Specialist Job in South Africa
Auto Req ID: 200776BR
Job Category: Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
1. Implement procedures to ensure compliance with legislation, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and PepsiCo
2. Partner to EHS Representatives, Accident Investigators, Risk Assessors, Project Managers, Dependant
Contractors and Front Line Managers. Develop action plans for program implementation.
3. Follow up on complaints of non-conformance/non-compliance arising from inspections, meetings or
interactions with employees, clients, contractors, suppliers or government officials.
4. Coordinate weekly, monthly statistics and reporting on both MyEHS system and Management.
5. Coordinate Occupational Hygiene, Incident Investigations, Inspections, Risk Assessments and EHS
6. Conduct internal and external audits including; GEHSMS, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 audits, and
feedback to FLM team to drive continuous improvement.
7. Develop and deliver training to the front line teams on Environmental, Health and Safety management
systems and requirements including safe working practices. and coordinate.
8. Ensure training on all critical tasks and safe working practices are done and keep records of these.
9. Review and own Environmental, Health and Safety Management Standards, Procedures and Training
10. Plan and execute emergency drills as per the potential risks identified on site and produce reports.
Qualifications / Requirements
1. Ability to set, guide and influence a wide EHS agenda.
2. Ability to influence behaviour of peers, Front Line Employees (without direct reporting relationship), Front
Line Managers and Operations Managers.
3. Knowledge of legal/working requirements (Preference for Risk Assessment, OHS Act, COID Act and
relevant Environmental legislation).
4. A Matric +3 year qualification in Safety or Environmental Health Management or equivalent and a minimum
of 3 – 5 work experience
5. Knowledge of GEHSMS (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) programme.
6. Ability to coach and support others to ensure requirements understood/met.
7. A passion in Environmental, Health and Safety Management.
8. Knowledge of production processes and frontline employee job requirements.
9. Experience in a similar role with transferable competence set as above.
HSEWatch is an all-encompassing Health and Safety platform. Always visit HSEWatch for Insightful HSE articles, HSE Jobs, HSE Training opportunities and HSE News.
If you have any question as related to health and Safety, feel free to ask us, we will guide you as much as possible.
You can also advertise your Health and Safety related products and services here on HSEWatch, contact us today on – Ubongeh4life@gmail.com
We are waiting to be of service to you.