EHS Intern opportunity in Lagos, Nigeria
Duration: 6 months- 1 year
Pay package: 80k
This position will support the implementation of the Health, Safety and Environment programs, including relevant regulatory compliance, and the requirements of Responsible Care Systems in MBCCS sites located in Lagos, Nigeria.
Key Stake holders
External company Group Auditors
1. Assist with the development and implementation of strategies for site’s environmental, health & safety to ensure compliance with legal and BASF guidelines. Assist in the implementation of the BASF Responsible Care Programs including HSE directives, standards, and requirements.
2. Provide advice where possible, judgement and analysis in regulatory compliance and due diligence programs. This includes the facilitation of workplace hazard identification, risk assessment and control, provide recommendations that are innovative and entrepreneurial in risk mitigation.
3. Liaise with EHS Accountable for local, regional and global reporting requirements, in ensuring accurate, consistent and reliable data are reported in a timely manner. Analyse data against relevant measurables and provide improvement options.
4. Facilitate in the investigation of all incidents and accidents, together with appropriate preventive and corrective actions in a timely manner.
5. Identify EHS training needs, in conjunction with line managers, ensure all training are completed as necessary. Prepare, deliver, and document training where necessary. Evaluate specialist external training providers to ensure high standards are met. Conduct EHS induction training for internal & external personnel, as relevant for the Ilupeju site.
6. Liaise with EHS responsible for management system reviews internally and externally based on Responsible Care, Transport and Distribution Safety, Process Safety, Toll Manufacturing and Security systems.
7. Co-ordinate Occupational Medicine and Health Protection programs, particularly medical examinations, travel medicine, first aid provision and health surveillance on specific hazardous substance exposures.
8. Deputise for other HSEQ team members in absences, provide out of hours first response in case of incidents and accidents.
Provision of proactive EHS advise where necessary to minimise risks and have zero incidents
Complete document creation for Health and safety management system for MBCCS.
· Tertiary qualification in Science or Technical Field
1-2 years Relevant EHS Experience
Formal qualification and knowledge of EHS (e.g. OHS Act) Legislation and related SANS codes is desirable
· Formal qualification in SHEQ systems (SAMTRAC, NEBOSH TQM, etc.) will be advantageous
Qualified applicants only
Send CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org